SHALLOW WATER DATA ACQUISITION
ARGAS has made a concerted effort to expand our knowledge and capabilities in shallow water data acquisition. Recently, we completed a 15 month 3D two component (2C) transition zone survey using the very surveying technology, comprising:
- Offshore - we use two master/slaved Sercel 408 ULS systems, which are perfect for use in small boats and difficult underwater terrain due it its lightweight construction.
- Transition zones –Sercel 428 systems with WSPR cables are used due to their high channel counts, high-performing receivers, and improved layout flexibility.
- Land - Sercel 428 systems are used with STPL cables.
ARGAS uses hydrophones and a combination of geophones, specialised for use on solid ground (land) or marshland.
- ARGAS uses two shallow water source vessels equipped with airgun arrays in flip-flop mode.
- We also use a combination of shot-hole drilling, explosives and Vibroseis techniques.
Current Shallow Water Data Acquisition Projects
ARGAS is currently acquiring a 2D-2C shallow water survey off the shores of Kuwait utilising 50 kilometres of Sercel 408 ULS cable, with a 50 meter receiver point interval using an airgun source.